Won this book on Goodreads
A Girl’s Guide to Joining the Resistance: A Feminist Handbook on Fighting for Good by Emma Gray
PREORDER • This title will be released on February 27, 2018 •
An illustrated big-sister’s guide to activism—the perfect gift for young feminists and long-time observers looking to enter the fray.
Have recent events given you pause? Does Trump’s America make you fearful for the future of women? Do you want to become more involved in helping to preserve women’s rights but aren’t sure how? In A Girl’s Guide to Joining the Resistance, Emma Rose Gray, Executive Editor at The Huffington Post, outlines all that young women need to know on pivotal women’s rights issues and offers a blueprint for those who want to take a stand and participate in the cause.
This groundbreaking book includes:
• Background information on key issues so you can choose where you most want to take a stand.
• A guide for learning about the first Amendment and how to choose good news sources and make sure you’re getting quality information.
• Practical instructions on how to get involved and stay involved, with examples from the author’s own experience organizing the successful “Watch Us Run” conference.
• Instructions for how to talk to your friend who says she’s “just not that political” and your relatives whose beliefs conflict with your own.
• Advice for self-care and how to stay involved without exhausting yourself.
• Extensive back-matter including numbers to call, organizations to email and donate to, and scripts for reaching out to representatives and organizations.
• Interviews with experienced activists including senator Elizabeth Warren, actress Amber Tamblyn, actress Marlo Thomas, Women’s March Co-Chair Carmen Perez, Mother of the Movement Lucy McBath, Black Lives Matter creator Alicia Garza, People for Bernie Founder Winnie Wong, and former assistant to President Obama Tina Tchen.
Featuring original 2-color illustrations throughout by New York Magazine’s Eva Hill, A Girl’s Guide to Joining the Resistance illuminates why the time has never been more important than now to get involved in helping to ensure women’s rights are protected for the current and future generations of women.